Who are we?
Quincy Education Association, Inc. is a local affiliate of the Massachusetts Teachers Association and the National Education Association, representing over 900 Pk-12 educators of the Quincy Public Schools and faculty and professional support staff of Quincy College.
The QEA was formed by Quincy teachers for Quincy teachers in the 1930s, and it has operated that way ever since. You elect the officers, and you fill the many committees, bargaining teams, and councils that make the decisions.
The QEA relies on volunteers to make it work effectively. We urge you to join us an active member. There are plenty of roles that you can play even as a new member.
For a copy of the QEA Bylaws that govern how we operate, click HERE.
What do we do?
There are literally thousands of organizations in the fields of education and labor, but there is only ONE with the primary purposes of improving your working conditions, benefits, and salary while also representing you and your interests in the workplace.
QEA Office Location: 590 Hancock Street, Quincy
QEA Office Phone: (857) 939-7429
Executive Board Representatives for 2021-2022
- President: Gayle Carvalho. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President: Michael Ellis, Quincy High School. Email: email@example.com
- Treasurer: Sarah Onofri, Snug Harbor Community School. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary, Rose Powers, Quincy High School. Email: email@example.com
- Membership Chair: Caitlin Egan, Montclair Elementary School. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Professional Rights and Responsibilities Chairperson: Nicole Prevost, Parker Elementary School. Email: Prandr.email@example.com
- Elementary School Representative: Teresa Rand, Wollaston Elementary School. Email:
- Middle School Representative: Peggy McDonough, South-West Middle School. Email:
- High School Representative: Erin Twomey, Quincy High School. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Unit D – Quincy College Faculty: Deb Panusuk, Quincy College. Email:
- Unit E – Quincy College Administrative Staff: Amanda Sullivan, Quincy College. Email:
- Nurse Representative: position OPEN.
- Unit C – Assistant Principals: position OPEN.